9.08.2008

Bleak Menu

So look inside your fridge, mentally remove everything that is in there, now you are looking at my fridge. It is empty, except for those condiments that don't have expiration dates (or do they?), but what can a person make out of mustard, pickles, and liquid aminos? BTW, if you do not know what Bragg's liquid aminos are, you are seriously missing out!! Check it out at http://bragg.com/products/la.html (thank you Maria for introducing me to Bragg's, where would I be without our endless hours and hours in the kitchen together!) Anyway, back to my pathetically barren fridge. Eric and I pulled into the driveway after another precious 8 hours in the car together (things were going downhill near the end as our tummies began to rumble, but we were much too focused on just getting home to stop and eat yet another fast food dinner) and as it was already 8:30 pm, we were both starving. I asked Eric, 'what would you like me to make you to eat?' being the lovely wife that I am, and Eric being the laid-back husband (and completely uninterested in any decisions made in the kitchen) that he is, responded 'whatever you would like.' Darn. That wasn't the divine answer to our fridge dilemna I was hoping for. Hmm...after perusing the pantry, I found a can of organic chicken soup and some organic ravioli that my dear friend, Tiffany, gave me last weekend. So I had 2 options: that or peanut butter sandwiches on bread that has been in my freezer for 6 months! So ravioli and soup it was! How miraculously fast it is to open a can and throw on the stove. (Thanks for dinner, Tiff!)
What was for lunch today? Peanut butter sandwiches on dry bread from the freezer. Sheesh, I need a grocery list almost as bad as clean laundry. Except that I would rather have a full tummy than a clean shirt so scratch the laundry list. Groceries are number one priority whenever I get around to that to-do list. Otherwise the menu for tonight is mustard, pickles, and liquid aminos. Anyone want to come eat at my house tonight?

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I refuse to eat anything greenish-black, even if these "so called aminos" are good for you. Sorry. Another food tip: always keep spaghetti noodles & a jar of sauce in pantry: it saves our rumbling tummies every time...

Betsy, Eric, and Sophia said...

No, Bek, it is not greenish at all - I promise! It is the perfect substitute for soy sauce! Pretend its soy sauce and use the same ways (except no sodium, no calories, and no artificial anything!) Its nature's salty seasoning! :) Yes, usually I do have back ups like spaghetti, but the 20 min cooking time was 19 min too long last night...haha. Impatient? Lazy? I know.