1.19.2012

Surprise Date!

Eric surprised me with a fun date this past Sunday night. He had Monday off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and it was before the molar-teething-madness started. Being the sweet romantic that he is, he printed off my first email to him TEN YEARS ago when our long-distance courtship all began. :) We went out to a new favorite restaurant of ours (Lindley Park Filling Station). We only discovered it a month ago, although I've been hearing good things about it for years, I don't know why it took us so long to try it. We had a coupon which made the night even better. Eric hadn't told me what we were doing that evening (only that it was a surprise) until he presented me with flowers and the babysitter arrived! He even had an appetizer for me in the car on the way there - Doritos. :)
It was a fun night!


Ellie, our babysitter, took the picture. Rare for us to get a picture of ourselves these days!

3 comments:

borninseattle@blogspot.com said...

What a guy! Nice work Eric and so romantic! John and I are going to a B and B tonight and Mari is spending the night with Luca. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! So fun how getting dates now is such a treat almost better than when we were all dating....at least more appreciated!

jay said...

John & Eric are classy guys! AND, that MariGraceBecker is a honey.

Maria said...

Good Job Eric!! you two look happy and beautiful!