1.18.2012

Cutting Molars

So this week Sophia has been cutting some new teeth (four to be exact from what I can tell)! Since she has 6 so far, we are talking about almost doubling her quantity of teeth! I can see the gums bulging on the top two teeth on either side of the four she already has, and on the bottom side molars. Those look like they will be big teeth! Needless to say, the nights have been unusually rough the past few days. Last night I think I was up with her 4-5x to comfort and nurse her. Unbelievably, this was a tremendous improvement from the prior night, which she refused to sleep at all unless in Mama's/Daddy's arms (so we co-slept for part of the night). In the dark of night, as she is laying passed out in my arms, I kiss her soft cheeks and listen to her breathing. Even as my eyes burn and head pounds from interrupted sleep, I am reminded what a gift it is to be my daughter's safe place and source of comfort. These days are short and I don't want to miss the opportunity to soothe and comfort her when she's hurting. Along with Mama & Daddy's cuddles, infant advil has been our friend... :) so glad it relieves the soreness and pain for her enabling us all to get some good rest.

4 comments:

Amy G said...

XOXO to you! Know that you are not alone! We only have 2 teeth left to go, but those last round (bi-cuspids, I think) were the worst! He would only sleep if he was on one of us, which meant a few nights of co-sleeping. They somehow get through it and remember how to go back to sleeping normally. Hang in there mama!

jay said...

Hey Momma & Poppa...enjoy those sweet and seemingly endless nights. Miss you jet-laggers!
Popeye

Maria said...

The love of a parent amazes me, I am inspired!

Katie said...

oooh. she does have the sweetest cheeks. i'm so sorry she's hurting and you as a result. praying and loving you both!