5.09.2011

Mother's Day 2011


What a wonderful day. After a few years of Mother's Day being one of the harder days for me, this year it was such a joy to spend time marvelling at the sweet gift & privilege of being Sophia's Mom. The day started off with a sweet card and breakfast "from Sophia". It was a pumpkin cheesecake muffin from my favorite bakery in Greensboro (Ollie's). I also got to spend the afternoon putting in my veggie garden and the day ended with Eric & Sophia picking up our favorite Thai take-out so I didn't have to cook or clean up dinner.
The BEST gift Sophia got me though wasn't planned...she is such a sweet girl and picked the perfect day to start laughing! The little high pitched squeaks and squeals are so precious! I caught some of it on video but since I wasn't paying attention to the filming, it is a little off-center. What you can hear is more important than what you can see.
(*note: sorry about the stray breast pad laying on the couch...!) such is our life these days....

Click HERE to watch!...

2 comments:

Katie said...

what an adorable laugh! she is just precious. i love those CHEEKS! Mwah!

Rebekah said...

So sweet of Sophia to write that card. You'll have to start a file with every little thing she gives you. I know my parents have cards and drawings and things from long ago. :)