5.03.2011

3 Months!


My baby is officially past "newborn" stages by all definitions. She turned 3 months old yesterday! Where does time go?

*Sophia still loves staring at the fan and lamps. :) It is so cute. She also really likes the mobile I made for her crib!! I was very proud of myself since I am not crafty. AT ALL. Eric kept laughing at all the silly questions I had as I put it together. I am very happy with the way it turned out though! When I showed it Sophia and said, 'what do you think of this, do you like it?' she smiled big at it! success!

*She is still a great eater! Still doesn't go for the bottle though...we'll keep trying! So thankful for a healthy milk supply and that she nurses so well

*She has fallen into a nap routine of a really long nap in the morning (usually around 2 1/2 hrs long!) then three more naps that are much shorter (45 min - 1 hr). By around 5, she is usually up a couple of hours before bed and then "crashes" for the night. Bedtime is between 7:15-7:45 pm.

*We cut out the "dreamfeed" (where I would feed her before I went to bed without waking her up) two days before she turned 3 months! Mama was a little sad since that was sweet time cuddling and it means she is growing up, but she just didn't seem to need it anymore. She is sleeping 9-11 hrs straight at night and then eats longer during the day at each of her feedings. She eats about 5-6 times a day.

*Her little hands are very grabby these days! ANYthing that comes into contact with them gets held onto with quite a strong grip! She has gotten Daddy's arm hair quite a few times! :) And Mama has to be just as careful with her longer hair, earrings, necklaces, etc. We are so thankful for that wonderful strength in her hands!

*She loves to suck/chew on her hands. She is still not a fan of the pacifier (I feel like she has an aversion to plastic nipple shape?) but loves to put fingers and her fist in her mouth. She has become a drool monster! And blowing spit bubbles are usually a telltale sign of someone getting sleepy!

*Sophia is still my little cuddle-bug and loves being held close and snuggled. She still loves the Ergo, Moby, and Seven sling....I think because she is rocked by movement and held tight. They are perfect for when we are out and about because she will still take a short nap in them.

*She is wearing 6 month clothes. :) Glad she is such a growing girl!

*Is on the CUSP of laughing....I can see it coming any day now!

We love you sweet pea!! I mean, who could resist with a face and personality like yours??!


2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh sweet Sophia!! She loves that camera! And the camera loves her! ;)
Happy birthday sweet thing!

Rebekah said...

CANNOT. WAIT. TO. MEET. HER.
She is so so sooooo cute!!