10.20.2008

PERFECT afternoon pick-me-up


I have the sweetest husband. We had the best weekend together: we watched a movie in the middle of the afternoon, we picked out a pumpkin to carve together (we are doing 'Frankenstein'..scary, eh?), we went for a long walk on a beautiful fall afternoon, we threw a football for a while, it was just the epitome of a relaxing autumn weekend. Well today is a teacher's work day for Eric and he is busy writing comments all day. Yes, he actually has to write a unique comment about every single student he has, commenting on their progress so far in the semester...it takes him hours and hours. Anyway, this weekend, I told him about how I have been craving the pumpkin spice latte at starbucks. I hardly ever go to Starbucks (last time was in July), but I do love an occasional treat of coffee out... Now that Maria is back in FL, though, I don't have anyone to go with!

So today as I am sitting at the typewriter at work (I'll leave that for another post. typewriter? yes. my office is a bit behind the times... ok, decades), I hear a familiar voice and my handsome husband is walking into my office holding a scrumptious pumpkin spice latte just for me!! YUMMY! :)

That definitely made my day!! Such acts of love are welcome any time! :) Thanks Babe!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, brownie points for Eric! I LOVE surprises!! :)

Our life.... said...

soooo sweet. way to love your wife well Eric ;)
....oh the ole typewriter....gotta love it ;)

Katie said...

How sweet!! What a thoughtful guy!

CA said...

coffee can be real good. i could use a cup right now. it's 6:34 AM and i still have 4 more pages to write of this ridiculous 16 page (double spaced) midterm. ayiyi!

your choice of blog name, finding home, is interesting. something i wrote about in my paper is how Native Americans are really connected to the land that they are from. It really is only natural. but then again, EVERYTHING about the culture revolved around the land so... a little different i guess. love,chris

Betsy, Eric, and Sophia said...

I know! It was the best!

Chris, how's that paper coming. My guess is that the Native Americans who were really connected to their land weren't TCKs, but I could be wrong...? I agree it is natural to desire that connectedness! I would be very interested to read that paper when you are done! Love you