4.16.2009

My Nephew, LUCA!

I am shouting from the rooftops - my precious nephew is finally here!!!!

My beautiful sister, Katie, with her sweet baby, Luca Ellis Walker.

The original due date was May 8th, but due to uncertain circumstances, low fluid throughout the pregnancy, and breech position, his scheduled C-section was April 21st.

Well yesterday, Katie's fluid was only 3, so she was admitted to the hospital for a c-section. At 9:15 pm, April 15th, Luca Ellis Walker was born weighing 5 lbs 14oz. Luca in currently in the ICU, to be closely monitored and looked at for further testing.

God is so AMAZING (why am I surprised each time?), but it blows my mind how He has had His hands on this little baby and on Katie and John, who are learning about trusting Him with the most precious gift they have ever been given. Please pray for this little baby, sweet Luca, to continue to fight and grow strong.

I can't wait to meet him; 5 weeks from now (when my ticket out to Seattle is) feels like a reeeeally long time.

0 comments: