12.01.2008

Crazy for Animals

Ya'll it was quite the full house on Saturday night...Mike and Tiffany have 3 dogs that stay with us when they come - yes, three. What happens to our own 2 cats and the 2 foster kittens we have this week, you might ask? Oh they are there too. They become restricted to our bedroom to avoid the confrontation of growling, claws, and teeth that would ensue if we let it be a free-for-all. It is hilarious and fun and a challenge! to keep them all separate. If a stranger walked into our house that night, not knowing us or our affection for our furry friends, they would probably take us all to the looney bin. I like to call it organized chaos! (Much like my kitchen these days, minus the 'organized'.) So, to do the math for you, we had 4 humans, and SEVEN animals in our house...quite the sleepover. I loved it. Mike and Tiffany are welcome ANYtime, including Marley, Ginger, and Buddy! We love them too! We always have such a fun time, playing games, hanging out, laughing lots. ;)

The foster kitties I have this week are precious. Oh, how I am already in love. I need to do something about this heartache (and joy, don't get me wrong) each time they get adopted! I am an addict for fuzzy tummies and tiny "mew, mew" b/c I have to had new ones as soon as I reluctantly let one go. This week we have "Donny" and "?" - that's right! We don't even know her name! We've been calling her 'little one' and 'downy' b/c she is so soft. Eric picked her up last week from the pet fair and apparently was never told...*cough* didn't remember*...her name. ;) Which is fine, in all honesty, b/c they come up with some wacky names that I feel silly using anyway. Ya'll, Donny (whom we affectionately call Yoda...I'll explain why) is the cutest, spunkiest little furball! He is long-haired, peachy and white colored, and has a little bit of a smashed face (flat...not actually smashed). No he's not green, but he is short, and stumpy, and has big ole' ears with white hair sticking out, disappearing like cotton candy - it is SO cute. Hah! Hard to explain without him sounding like an ugly ducking. He is feisty too - he will at ALL COSTS defend his food while eating, even if he has to stick a paw on it to "cover" the food! He leans his little 2 lb. body into anything or anyone trying to edge him out. The other little one "downy" usually just waits for him to finish b/c he is so intense during meal time! Later, she makes up for it, dominating and tackling him to play all day long.

Well, that's the latest on the cat farm and our animal adventures...they keep us busy and they keep us laughing. ;) This morning, I awoke to ALL FOUR of them on me. Marzell and Oliver on each size of my legs, Donny("Yoda") up near my arms, and Downy down at my feet. You'd think it would be suffocating, but there is nothing like those little warm bodies cuddling up to you in their sleep.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww!! I agree about the warm little bodies. Love them!

Eric Shilling said...

We want PICTURES!!!!

Betsy, Eric, and Sophia said...

Erika, couldn't live without 'em, eh? Looking forward to meeting Donnie's little ones soon! :)

Also, I have a silly husband...that can be your contribution to the blog world, babe, help me get more pictures on here...

Anonymous said...

Yay for all the puppies & kitties. That Yoda one was TOO cute. Thanks again for always letting us come over with all our doggies. You're the best! Love you! xoxo tiff